农场ers Union Insurance Agency is all about preventing accidents and reducing risk to you, 你的财产, 和你爱的人一起开车. 一定要和你爱的人分享, especially young people in your house who just started driving, 养成良好的驾驶习惯.
开车可能是件危险的事. 每年, a shocking number of people lost their life or are severely injured while traveling in vehicles. 不幸的是, most people think of driving as a boring yet necessary task. Instead of paying attention to what they’re doing behind the wheel and what is going on around them, these drivers engage in a number of dangerous activities. How many of the following ten dangerous things you should never do while driving do you do?
- 文本/上网. Unless you have reflexes that rival that of a jet fighter pilot, you cannot text or surf the web safely while driving (农场ers Union Insurance Agency reminds you it is also ILLEGAL to do so in Minnesota). Typing on a little phone or looking at your friend’s latest 脸谱网 status update on the screen means you won’t see the car that just slammed on the brakes in front of you, 或者是过马路的小孩. Leave your phone in your pocket or purse and take it out only once the car is stopped.
- 纪律你的孩子. Any parent knows that children become unruly from time to time in the car. Perhaps it’s because they know their parents are busy and cannot discipline them as easily, 但这造成了一种极其危险的局面. If you are disciplining your children while you are supposed to be driving, at least the majority if not all of your attention will be on what’s going on inside the vehicle and not on what’s going on outside. The better way to handle the situation is to pull over, 处理好行为问题, 然后继续你的旅程.
- 穿好衣服. 有人真的不明白吗? Apparently there are some individuals who are so incredibly busy they cannot possible get dressed before leaving their home and getting into their car. It’s almost impossible to steer a vehicle and keep your eyes on what’s going on ahead while pulling on a shirt, and you simply cannot keep even one hand on the steering wheel while tying knots or performing other tasks related to dressing.
- 化妆/剃须. 再一次, doing either of these activities takes your attention from the road, 当你开车的时候它应该在哪里. Putting on eyeliner requires you to literally look up, while shaving requires you to move your head around. Both activities should be done either before you leave your house or after you get where you’re headed.
- Eat a Taco, Ice Cream Cone, or Other Certain Foods. Some people can manage to eat something simple like a burger while driving. Tacos are notorious because they’re messy and fall apart when you bite into them, 哪个太分散注意力了. Stay away from overly greasy foods as well since the grease can make it difficult to really grip the steering wheel. Remember that if you do decide to eat behind the wheel, in an emergency situation you must be prepared to throw your food to your front passenger and take the wheel with both hands immediately.
- 俯身去够什么东西. 人们经常把CD掉在地板上, need a piece of gum out of their purse that’s sitting in the backseat, or feel the need to go through the glovebox while driving. Reaching so far to grab something that you lost sight of the vehicle’s surroundings is as bad as placing your hand over your eyes while driving down the road.
- 睡着了. 昏昏欲睡时开车是非常危险的. You might think that drinking coffee or an energy drink, 摇下窗户, chewing gum or even blasting loud music will keep you from dozing off, but the sad truth is many people fall asleep at the wheel even while trying these tricks. If you do feel tired, find somewhere safe to park and get some sleep before continuing on.
- 喝酒. 可悲的是，有些人仍然不明白这一点. Alcohol has an effect on your motor skills and judgment, meaning you just plain don’t drive well when buzzed. 如果你打算开车，那就不要喝酒. If you do drink, have someone drive you home or call a cab.
- 用膝盖控制方向. Sometimes you need two hands to do some things, such as driving. 不幸的是, certain individuals feel the need to perform two-handed tasks while driving, 这就是为什么他们用膝盖来驾驶. The only problem is your knees don’t grip the steering wheel and cannot control the car nearly as well. All it would take is one big pothole to make the car careen out of control.
- 有一个情绪化的电话交谈. In some areas, talking on the phone while driving is illegal. 如果你住的地方没有, you should most definitely avoid having an emotionally-charged conversation while driving. Studies have show that people who are having an in-depth, emotional talk on the phone while behind the wheel actually drive as poorly as people who are legally drunk.
To see the original article, and for more valuable driving tips, see the 安全驾驶.网主页 在这里.